AIAM ( Italian Association of Musical Activities ) represents 115 musical institutions that throughout the national territory promote, through concert associations, orchestras, festivals including Jazz, courses, competitions, promotional bodies, the musical culture in our country.
It is unanimously recognized as the most representative association of the subjects of Title III of Law 800/1967 and it is part of institutions among the most representative of the sector ranging from large musical associations to medium-small ones operating in the less served areas of the nation
The members are legal persons of public and private law, with or without legal personality, who carry out a musical activity of recognized cultural and scientific level, whose intentions and actions comply with the general association purposes.
The Friends of Music of Perugia and the Umbrian Music Festival are associated with AIAM.
Non-profit institutions representing the various subjects operating in the Italian musical world and in particular:
- concert associations;
- international and national music festivals;
- the legally constituted musical foundations and orchestras whose activities are of a high cultural level;
- research and documentation institutes; the electronic research and production centers;
- the academies and schools of music;
- Competitions, Courses, whose activities are inspired to favor both the diffusion of musical education and the professional training of musical operators;
- the vocal and / or instrumental complexes
- the Associations of musical technicians, luthiers, restorers and organologists;
- music promotion bodies;
- All associations of subjects who carry out, on a permanent basis, music dissemination activities through performances, conferences, listening guides, etc.